Dalian University of Technology (DUT), China
IEEE student member, CCF student member, ACM SIGIR student member
WEI WANG received his B.S. degree in Electronic Information Science and Technology from Shenyang University, Shenyang, China, in 2012. He is currently working toward the Ph.D. degree in Software Engineering in Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, China. His research interests include big scholarly data, social network analysis and computational social science.
Scholarly big data: collaboration recommendation, collaboration dynamics, social network analysis, scholarly data mining
- Wei Wang, Jiaying Liu, Shuo Yu, Chenxin Zhang, Zhenzhen Xu and Feng Xia. Mining Advisor-Advisee Relationships in Scholarly Big Data: A Deep Learning Approach, ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL), Newark, NJ, USA, June 19-23, 2016.
- Wei Wang, Xiangjie Kong, Jun Zhang, Zhen Chen, Feng Xia, and Xianwen Wang.. Editorial behaviors in peer review. SpringerPlus, 2016, 5(1), 1-11.
- Xiaoyan Su, Wei Wang, Shuo Yu, Chenxin Zhang, Teshome Megersa Bekele and Feng Xia. Can academic conferences promote research collaboration? ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL), Newark, NJ, USA, June 19-23, 2016.
- Jun Zhang, Zhaolong Ning, Xiaomei Bai, Wei Wang, Shuo Yu and Feng Xia. Who are the Rising Stars in Academia? ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL), Newark, NJ, USA, June 19-23, 2016.
- Jun Zhang, Feng Xia, Wei Wang, Xiaomei Bai, Shuo Yu, Teshome Megersa Bekele and Zhong Peng. CocaRank: A Collaboration Caliber-based Method for Finding Academic Rising Stars, The 25th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW), Companion Volume, Montreal, Canada, April 11-15, 2016.
- Zhenzhen Xu, Huizhen Jiang, Xiangjie Kong, Jialiang Kang, Wei Wang, and Feng Xia. Cross-domain item recommendation based on user similarity. Computer Science and Information Systems, 13(2), 359-373, 2016.
- Zhenzhen Xu, Fuli Zhang, Wei Wang, Haifeng Liu, and Xiangjie Kong. Exploiting Trust and Usage Context for Cross-Domain Recommendation. IEEE Access, Vol. 4, pp: 2398-2407, 2016. DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2016.2566658.
- Haifeng Liu, Xiangjie Kong, Xiaomei Bai, Wei Wang, Teshome Megersa Bekele, and Feng Xia. Context-based Collaborative Filtering for Citation Recommendation, IEEE Access, Vol. 3, pp: 1695-1703, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2015.2481320.
- Xiangjie Kong, Jinmeng Zhou, Jun Zhang, Wei Wang, Feng Xia. TAPRank: A Time-aware Author Ranking Method in Heterogenous Networks, The 8th IEEE International Conference on Social Computing and Networking (SocialCom), Dec. 19-21, 2015, Chengdu, China.
- Feng Xia, Nana Yaw Asabere, Haifeng Liu, Zhen Chen, and Wei Wang. Socially-Aware Conference Participant Recommendation with Personality Traits, IEEE Systems Journal, 2014. DOI: 10.1109/JSYST.2014.2342375.
- Feng Xia, Zhen Chen, Wei Wang, Jing Li, Laurence T. Yang. MVCWalker: Random Walk Based Most Valuable Collaborators Recommendation Exploiting Academic Factors, IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, 2(3): 364-375, 2014; DOI: 10.1109/TETC.2014.2356505.
- Nana Yaw Asabere, Feng Xia, Wei Wang, Joel J.P.C. Rodrigues, Filippo Basso, and Jianhua Ma. Improving Smart Conference Participation through Socially-Aware Recommendation, IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, 44(5): 689-700, 2014. DOI: 10.1109/THMS.2014.2325837.
- Jing Li, Feng Xia, Wei Wang, Zhen Chen, Nana Yaw Asabere and Huizhen Jiang. ACRec: A Co-authorship based Random Walk Model for Academic Collaboration Recommendation, The 23rd International World Wide Web Conference (WWW), Companion Volume, Seoul, Korea, April 7-11, 2014.
- Feng Xia, Haifeng Liu, Nana Yaw Asabere, Wei Wang and Zhuo Yang. Multi-Category Item Recommendation Using Neighborhood Associations in Trust Networks, The 23rd International World Wide Web Conference (WWW), Poster Track, Seoul, Korea, April 7-11, 2014.
- Feng Xia, Nana Yaw Asabere, Joel J.P.C. Rodrigues, Filippo Basso, Nakema Deonauth, Wei Wang. Socially-Aware Venue Recommendation for Conference Participants, The 10th IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing (UIC), Vietri sul Mare, Italy, December 2013. Best Paper Award.
Invited Reviewer for:
- IEEE Access
- IJCAI’16 Workshop on BSD
- ADMA 2016
- IOV 2015
- UIC 2016
- CBDCom 2015
Honors & Awards
- ACM SIGIR Student Travel Grant for JCDL 2016
- Best Paper Award of UIC 2013
- The First-class Academic Scholarship of PhD, DUT, 2016
Mailing Address: School of Software, Dalian University of Technology, Development Zone, Dalian 116620, China.